Hey, I’m a little behind on my shameless self-promotion, so here’s the latest round, just in time for the weekend.
I was interviewed for the 80th episode of the Reading & Writing Podcast by Jeff Rutherford.
The paperback edition of THE PRESIDENT’S VAMPIRE has hit shelves in the UK, and I got a couple great reviews.
More good news and reviews for RED, WHITE, AND BLOOD:
- Stefan Blitz at the indispensable site Forces of Geek was kind enough to interview me about the new book and Cade’s whole twisted history. Check it out here. And thanks, Stefan.
- Great reviews for the book from Jenn at Jenn’s Bookshelves and Caleb at Luxury Reading. Many thanks to them both.
- My first “Parents’ Brains” postcard arrived. Love it. Remember, if you want a free CADE 2012 baseball cap, details are here.
The extraordinarily gracious and talented Charlaine Harris, creator of the Sookie Stackhouse series – the next book, DEADLOCKED, hits May 1 – has given RED, WHITE, AND BLOOD an enthusiastic review on her blog. Which is pretty freaking incredible for me.
Christopher Farnsworth’s premise – that the presidents of the U.S. have, starting with Andrew Johnson, had a vampire at their beck and call – is simply fun. And in Farnsworth’s strongest book yet in the Nathaniel Cade series, Cade encounters an old enemy he’s killed over and over in various guises . . . none other than the Boogeyman. The ingenious part of the book (using various notorious serial killers and their quotes to confirm the existence of such a creature) is – well, I’m envious. Cade continues to be one of modern literature’s most frightening vampires, and this is an excellent read.
Thank you so much, Charlaine. I will hoist a pint or two of True Blood in your honor.
Publishers Weekly has given RED, WHITE, AND BLOOD a great review, calling it a “high-octane supernatural thriller” that keeps “readers in suspense until the very last page.” Fantastic way to start the week. You can read the entire thing here. And of course, you can pre-order it from any number of fine retailers here.
- The wonderful writer Elizabeth Hand has some really great things to say about THE PRESIDENT’S VAMPIRE in this month’s Fantasy and Science Fiction. Also, you should buy her upcoming book, AVAILABLE DARK.
- Iceberg Ink was nice enough to name BLOOD OATH “Best Old Book Read 2011.” Better late than never, I say. Thanks, Scott.
- The paperback edition of THE PRESIDENT’S VAMPIRE is now available for pre-order. (Of course, you can also order the hardback, which is actually cheaper right now. Go figure.) It hits the stands March 27 and includes a sneak preview of the third book in the series, RED, WHITE, AND BLOOD, which will be available April 26, 2012.