So, When’s The Next Book Coming Out?

I’ve been asked by quite a few people when the next book in the Nathaniel Cade series will be done. Until now, I’ve mumbled some vague replies about a top-secret project, which probably made them think I was doing nothing but snacking on Cheetos and watching movies on Netflix.

Now the news is out: before I move on to Cade Book Four, I’m writing a book called BIMINI, about the Fountain of Youth. Here’s the announcement, which went out on Publishers Marketplace last week:

Christopher Farnsworth’s BIMINI, an action-packed thriller updating the legend of the fountain of youth and the conspiracy led by people whose vitality depends on it, to Rachel Kahan at William Morrow, in a pre-empt, by Alexandra Machinist at Janklow & Nesbit. (NA) Film rights to Tom Jacobson and Monnie Wills.

The book is inspired by an original idea from movie producers (and all-around good guys) Tom Jacobson and Monnie Wills. I’m having a lot of fun with it right now, and I think anyone who likes Cade is going to have a great time reading this, too. Once again, this is all due to my brilliant agent, Alexandra Machinist.

And that’s about all I can say before mumbling some vague stuff about how this is still top secret for now.

As for Cade, I am going to get back to him — he won’t let me rest until I do — by the end of the year. I’ll have more news on Book Four once it’s finished.

Anyway. Thanks to all of you who keep asking about Cade, and for all the kind words about the books.

34 thoughts on “So, When’s The Next Book Coming Out?

1. Johanna says:

2. Leslie says:

CONGRATS! This is terrific news. Can’t wait to see a copy.

3. Rob says:

Cool, I hope we learn more about Cade, more about his early life, how he met Tania things like that maybe more flashbacks to certain historical events. I won´t spoil for those who didn´t read the last book but the ending blew me away how the hell are Cade and Zach going to get out of this one then I thought those two will find a way to overcome this latest threat they always do.

4. Theresa says:

Looking forward to the next read!

5. Jane says:

I love The Nathaniel Cade Series can hardly wait for book number four

6. Chris says:

Arrgh! I want more Cade!!!

7. Anthony Tecce says:

Your agent has possibly the best last-name I’ve ever heard of.

8. Thomas J. says:

I read all three back to back to back. All I can say is AWESOME!!!!! Are you going to do a Nightmare Pet case book, that would be so cool. Keep uo the great work.

9. Kristy says:

Love this series !! Can’t wait for the next installment…… Soon!!

10. Pam says:

I keep looking around the internet for a hint on when Cade #4 is coming out. I’m glad to hear you haven’t given up on it. I’m really enjoying the series.

11. Susan says:

I have just finished reading Book 3, quite literally, and you have me screaming profanities and whatnot at the ending. And let me tell you, no one appreciates “F*ucking sh*t” in the middle of the night. Simply can not wait for the next installment!

12. Nancy says:

Re-listening to Blood Oath! “Forget the war on terror, Zack, this is the war on horror and you’ve just been drafted!” The president’s vampire is such a great premise! Can’t wait to learn more about Cade, Zack & Griff! I love Cade’s nemesis and all of the supernatural beings! Congrats on the new venture! Hurry back to Cade & friends! Bronson Pinchot is a great reader!

13. Chris says:

Desperate for Cade #4 to come out, totally addicted to your style of writing! I picked up Blood Oath on an impulse buy and it was the best thing I had read in years. After the other two books I’m craving another one…and why haven’t Hollywood picked up on these amazing stories? I can’t be the only one to think they would translate into blockbusting movies :)

14. Steven says:

Mr. Farnsworth: I have just started reading your series. It is fantastic!! I can’t wait to start the other two books. Keep them coming. Truly well written, keeps me on edge and in suspense!!

15. Steph says:

I’m with the elderly grandma that told you MORE SEX AND VIOLENCE! And no matter what you say, Cade is NOT evil. Yes, he has lost a lot of his humanity (that’s why his interactions with Zack are so funny) but he seems to be rediscovering it, or at least bits and pieces of it. Cade is one of my all time favorite characters. I hope to see him grow.

16. Charlotte says:

Picked up the first book in the library, went back that afternoon to get second. Bought Red, White and Blood the day it come out…..

MORE CADE PLEASE… PLEASE… Going into Cade withdrawals !!

17. mel says:

love cade want more!!!!!!

18. mel says:

love fact rare SEX please leave it out. do not change a thing about style of his series……

19. Glenda Smith says:

Love this series! Waiting impatiently for the 4th Nathaniel Cade book.

20. Raven says:

I first read The President’s Vampire when I stopped at a Crete terminal with my dad and saw the book laying there, on the table where someone had left it. I stared at it for about five minutes before my dad went over and grabbed it and gave it to me. I was surprised, wasn’t that stealing? My dad assured me no and because of that my life has changed. I am a writer and the way I write and how I think of vampires is forever changed. This is my second favorite series, the second most life-altering series I’ve read (the first being The Dark Tower) and I thank you for writing it. Love Cade. I have dreams of him. Of his world. Unbelievably excited for a new one. I am one of your fans, congratulations…you should have a book signing or something in Ohio!

21. Jane Emberson says:

I picked up Blood Oath quite by chance when I went to collect some books from my local library, there it was just sitting on the shelf looking a bit lonely, so I picked it up, and then I picked up the President’s Vampire and after that Red, White and Blood. Now I have withdrawal symptoms because Nathaniel Cade has been a part of my life for a few weeks and I will miss him. Is there more to write about him? I certainly hope so. I’ll keep watching for your next book, and by the way you sure know how to write a GOOD book. I live in the UK and you can be sure that all my friends who are avid readers will be reading this trilogy.

22. rodrigo says:

great! love Nathaniel Cade, looking forward to it…..

23. JOSEPH COWAN says:

I have enjoyed reading all three books featuring your vampire character Nathaniel Cade. So, when is there going to be a movie or a tv series?

24. Catherine Cooley. says:

I have read and re-read all 3, three times now. I had to buy a second copy of Blood Oath, because I passed out in the tub trying to read it all in one sitting, the first time I read it. Every time I read them I still get the rush I am sure you intended. A fourth in the series would be awesome, especially since none of my other favorite authors have anything coming out until March or April. Your books are as addictive, devour worthy, and re-readable as Steve Berry’s “Cotton Malone” series or Dan Brown’s “Robert Langdon” series. Thank you for the stories, sir.

25. Debbie says:

Awesome, I love the series! I stumbled upon Blood Oath by accident and I am so happy I did 😀

The ending of the 3rd book hit me like a bomb and I can’t wait to read how Zach and Cade solve this problem. I also love everything that tells more about Cade and his past, so I hope certain things are going to get revealed.

Keep up the good work!

26. Caroline Dunn says:

I am joining the crowd awaiting news of the next book in the series….

27. David says:

Hmm.. how will they get round the ending of book three..?

Remember, he’s thralled to the President…and what does Cade know about the “President”..?

28. Roseanne Garrod says:

Hi was wondering when the next 4th book in the cade vampire series is coming out, have read all three and passed them on to my friends who are as eager as me for a release date!

29. Jane North says:

I have been patient. We were promised news of the next Nathaniel Cade book by the end of 2013. It’s now nearing the end of January 2014 please when is Cade coming back? Jane

30. Jeff says:

wondering when the next 4th book in the cade vampire series is coming out

31. Deborah says:

I am waiting with bated breath for my next Cade fix!

32. William says:

I’ve listened to audio books now three times and I’m still waiting on the new cade novel . I love the series and can’t get enough Zach and Cade, if there is ever a movie I hope you are hired to write the screen play.

33. David says:

I know you have been asked this a thousand times, but any news on book 4? At least can we expect it this year or next? Thanks and love all the books, got them in hardback and on audio, Bronson does a fantastic job. Look forward to the next book in this awesone series.

34. John Howell says:

I’m reading all 3 books again as I think there brilliant but please for the love of all that is Holy (or UNHOLY in the case of Nathaniel Cade), write book 4 I need to know what’s happening.

Comments are closed.